A project manager’s job is to take a project from planning through completion. Project managers work in a number of fields, from construction to information technology. The project manager must have a number of skills to get the task completed successfully, on time and within budget. 1. Foresight A successful project manager must be able […]
Tag Archives | career development
The Project Management Office (PMO) performs several basic functions which set the stage for success. Not every project manager answers directly to your PMO, but the PMO still needs to provide a framework that guides each project toward a successful conclusion. Your PMO should be the center for information flow, and the place where integrated […]
A newly appointed manager is chosen based on merit and proven track record, hence he/she is technically well-versed in the field. The daunting task lies in managing a team of employees. The process of mentoring can be a big help in boosting the junior manager’s confidence. A senior manager takes the former under their wing […]
Popular Posts This Week
- Exam Question: Scope, Time, Cost
- Exam Question: What is the purpose of a project charter?
- Project Management Training [Infographic]
- Using Agile Project Management Methodologies in Any Project
- Project Managers’ Salaries [Infographic]
- 5 Ways to Resolve Conflict on Your Project Team
- Exam Question: Conflict Management
- What Does It Take to Be a Project Manager? [Infographic]
- Initiating the Project – PMP Certification
- Agile vs Waterfall: Which is the Best Methodology for Software Projects?